Occupational Health & Safety Policy Statement of McCabe Masonry Ltd.
Section 20 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, requires an employer to prepare a Safety Statement as a demonstration of their commitment to the management of safety, health and well-being of their employees and all parties that they may interact with.
Our Safety Statement outlines safe systems of work and workplace & site hazards in order to outline any duties/procedures for McCabe Masonry Ltd to follow so as to comply with any relevant legislation, in particular;
• The Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act, 2005
• Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Construction Regulations 2013
• The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 to 2016.
It is the intention of McCabe Masonry Ltd to comply with relevant legislation and provide employees, contractors and other parties with a safe working environment and also to protect those who may be affected by our activities. All interested persons will be expected to comply with policies and procedures as detailed in this Safety Statement.
Our Safety Statement will be reviewed on an ongoing basis to take account of changes in work practices and legislation or standards, work, organisational structure, equipment or substances used and technical knowledge, all changes to the company safety statement will be brought to the attention of all staff and affected persons.
All employees have the responsibility to co-operate with the Company to achieve a healthy and safe workplace and to take reasonable care of themselves and others. It is the responsibility and duty of all employees to comply with the Safety Policy by exercising due caution and care in all activities.
It is the policy of McCabe Masonry to consult all staff and employees on matters of Health and Safety. All employees are hereby notified of our policy and are encouraged to comply with their duties under the 2005 Act to notify the Management Team of identified hazards in the workplace.
The allocation of duties for safety matters and particular arrangements to implement the policy are set out in the body of the document.
This Safety & Health policy will take account of the general employer duties as set out in the 2005 Act and all other legislation that applies to the workplace.
McCabe Masonry Ltd. will ensure, as reasonably practicable that we:
• Prevent improper conduct likely to put an employee’s safety and health at risk
• Manage and conduct work activities so as to ensure the safety and health of employees.
• Provide a safe place of work which is adequately designated and maintained
• Provide safe plant, equipment and machinery.
• Provide safe means of access and egress.
• Provide safe systems of work, e.g. operating procedures.
• Prevent risk to health from articles or substance (including plant, tools, machinery, chemical substance and equipment)
• Provide appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision, taking account of the employee’s capabilities, when an employee begins work or is transferred to a new task, and when technology is introduced.
• Provide suitable protective clothing and equipment where hazards cannot be eliminated.
• Prepare and revise emergency plans designated staff to take on emergency duties.
• Provide and maintain welfare facilities.
• Provide, where necessary, a competent person to advise and assist in securing the safety, health and welfare of employees. Our Safety Statement will be available at our Head Office, and at any work sites, we are engaged on.
Signed: Declan McCabe
McCabe Masonry – Managing Director